Wednesday 1 June 2016

Harlem Cafe, Belfast

In the same trip to Belfast with my sister we paid a visit to Harlem Cafe, again I had researched it before we went and again the morning of just to be sure and decided it was worth a trip.




Harlem Cafe is located on 34 Bedford Street, Belfast, Co. Antrim, BT2 7FF, Northern Ireland. It is directly behind City Hall and not too far from Jury's Hotel, which is where we were staying  so we decided to go there for breakfast. It describes itself as a Salubrious cafe or happening bistro and I 100% agree. The decor in this place is second to none, such an absolute treat when you in the door. You are greeted with a bust with a sign saying please wait to be seated. There is a selection of different antique furniture dotted around the cafe that looks like it is from some upper class home. There are beautifully framed pictures covering every wall, the one's that caught my eye were Tom Jones and Elvis, my two favorites side by side...this place was made for me.




In terms of food, again I had researched  this place before hand and it had glowing reviews from Coeliacs who had been before so I decided to try it for myself. Unfortunately for me I'm also allergic to eggs so there was a lot of things off the menu for me but I went with a beautiful Oak smoked bacon sandwich that can be seen in the picture on gluten free bread. I know that doesn't sound to exciting but it was the bread that was amazing, none of this tiny little loaf of bread with holes in it, this was full sized bread and looked like an ordinary sandwich, so much so I had to double check it was gluten free.




My sister, who isn't Coeliac ordered scrambled eggs with toast and bacon and as you can see it looked amazing. This was available in with Gluten Free bread also so would have been a good option for Coeliacs, just not one's allergic to eggs lol. For both breakfasts and a pot of tea I think it cost us about £12, which was the price of one breakfast in the hotel so it was really good value.

This was only the breakfast menu we tried but they have a whole host of other menus that I am sure are just as good all of which can be seen here.


Again I would 100% recommend this place even if just for a pot of tea, such a nice place and staff are so accommodating

For any more info contact http://harlembelfast.co.uk/