Friday 3 June 2016

Actual 6 month (just over) Review

So as you might have gathered my last post was a month too soon, don't know how I made that mistake but I managed it. In terms of what has been going on since then I guess a lot has happened but more so in April than May.



As I am sure you might have gathered from my reviews of some restaurants in Belfast I took a trip up there with my sister at the end of April. To be honest it killed me, I did it, but it 100% killed me. We spent the days shopping and from 12 o clock that day to 9 o clock that night with about an hour break in between we were walking. I went to bed that night and could hear my blood pressure in my ear and my whole body shaking from exhaustion, genuinely thought I would never recover. The next day was more of the same and the following day I spent in bed. I surprised myself with how much I did but it was stupid of me to not be more mindful of my recovery. I ended up with another infection and more antibiotics.

As well as this I met up with my friends who I haven't seen during this whole time so far, although I was pretty tired and shakey it was so nice to just feel normal for one night and to remember that I have a life that doesn't just involve waking up and watching the days go by. I think this is the key to recovery to be honest. It's difficult to be around your family 24/7, I know they are for your good and without and them I wouldn't have got where I am today, but sometimes you just need a break and there is nothing harder when there is nobody  else around. Having spent so much time in bed not able for much it's so easy for me to forget how young I am...I'm only 23 but the majority of days my 63 year old mother puts me to shame.

Anyway, the day after this I ended up in casualty once again. I had eaten a gluten free burger after my night and ended up getting food poisoning. My whole family just thought I drank too much and wouldn't listen when I told them that wasn't it, after all this time being sick, I know my own body way too well. Eventually the sympathy came when I went to the doctor and he gave me injections and a bag full of medicine that I couldn't keep down. The doctor eventually rang to tell me to go to casualty where I ended up on loads of drips and came out like a new person. Wouldn't be a day in the life of me if there wasn't some kind of drama.

Since then everything has been uneventful, I've been sick lots and my energy levels are still very much up and down. I had to cancel my ENT appointment because I was too weak to make it so I have that on the 28th of this month, so hopefully this time will be better.

The only other thing is that I had my bloods tested and both my tTG and Gliadin DP-IgG have come down again since January and are now well within the normal rang 1.6 and 4.90 respectively, so at least I am doing something right. To be honest I am disheartened today as this has been the first month of no significant improvement my activity rate had been increasing by 62% per month for the last 2 months and this month it is something ridiculous like 6%. I'm worried that this might be as good as it is ever going to get and maybe I just have to get on with it as difficult as it is.